martes, 15 de abril de 2014

EXAMPLES WITH CONDITIONALS

Zero conditional 
When the result of the condition is always true, like a scientific fact.

  • If people eat too, much they get fat.


  • IF
    condition
    result
    present simple
    present simple
    If
    I miss the 8 o'clock bus
    I am late for work.
    If
    I am late for work
    my boss gets angry.
    If
    people don't eat
    they get hungry.
    If
    you heat ice
    does it melt?


    First conditional

    We are talking about the future. We are thinking about a particular condition or situation in the future, and the result of this condition. There is a real possibility that this condition will happen. 
    • If I have time, I will visit you.
    IF
    condition
    result
    present simple
    WILL + base verb
    If
    I see Mary
    I will tell her.
    If
    Tara is free tomorrow
    he will invite her.
    If
    they do not pass their exam
    their teacher will be sad.
    If
    it rains tomorrow
    will you stay at home?
    If
    it rains tomorrow
    what will you do?

    Second conditional

    Notice that we are thinking about a future condition. We use the past simple tense to talk about the future condition. We use WOULD + base verb to talk about the future result. The important thing about the second conditional is that there is an unreal possibility that the condition will happen.
    ·         If I had more time, I would travel the world.

    IF
    condition
    result
    past simple
    WOULD + base verb
    If
    I married Mary
    I would be happy.
    If
    Ram became rich
    she would marry him.
    If
    it snowed next July
    would you be surprised?
    If
    it snowed next July
    what would you do?

    Third conditional        

    The first conditional and second conditionals talk about the future. With the third conditional we talk about the past. We talk about a condition in the past that did not happen. That is why there is no possibility for this condition. The third conditional is also like a dream, but with no possibility of the dream coming true.

    • If I had had time, I would have gone to the football match.

    IF
    condition
    result
    past perfect
    WOULD HAVE + past participle
    If
    I had seen Mary
    I would have told her.
    If
    Tara had been free yesterday
    I would have invited her.
    If
    they had not passed their exam
    their teacher would have been sad.
    If
    it had rained yesterday
    would you have stayed at home?
    If
    it had rained yesterday
    what would you have done?



    http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verbs-conditional.htm







    No hay comentarios:

    Publicar un comentario