martes, 22 de abril de 2014

EXAMPLES WITH SOME MODAL VERBS


I CAN PLAY THE GUITAR.


This sentence shows ability that someone can do since I was a child.

I COULD PLAY THE GUITAR






It means that now Peter cannot play the guitar anymore because he had a terrible accident and lost his arms.

I AM ABLE TO PLAY THE GUITAR


In this sentence shows that Peter when was a child could not play the guitar but when the time past it means when he was ten years old he liked to play the guitar and since that moment he entered to a course practice and practice, he work very hard and now he is able to play the guitar perfectly.

I WAS ABLE TO PLAY THE GUITAR


It occur in a group of friends when they begin to talk about the special moments of their lives one of them say when I was 12 years old  I was able to play the guitar in my college because in that day all of us celebrate the mother’s day. It is an event that occurs in the past in a specific time.

I WILL ABLE TO PLAY THE GUITAR.




Peter has a very important concert tomorrow at night. Today he has an accident, he hurt his arm as a consequence he can play the guitar tomorrow but he wants to play the guitar, he enjoy and he has all as possible for tomorrow and he says I will able to play the guitar.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario